The Geek Group National Science Center is an organization that runs off of volunteers, and off of grants. We are seeking more people to be part of our team.
It is not a requirement that you have any prior experience writing grants. If you are looking for initial experience in it, or in non-profit administration, this is a fantastic opportunity.
We love to try new ideas and explore all avenues, and our grant writing team reflects that. There is no minimum time commitment, but we do ask that you be relatively consistent. There are opportunities to work on it from home, but it works best if you are able to commit part of your time at our facility. We want to get to know you, and show you the really awesome stuff we do here.
Skills required are pretty straight forward: reading, writing, organization, general comprehension.
It is primarily a research position, with writing because an auxiliary component.
We are a 501(c)3 organization and volunteer hours with us can count for community service or experience at your school. This is a great place for people of any age, physical capability, and background.
- Resource Development / Management
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- We want people excited to be part of an organization that has a broad reach and makes a difference.
- Grant writing: Research and...
- French Instructor for Teens
- Music Instructor for Teens
- Wordpress Development
- American Sign Language...
- Classical Literature Instructor...
- Mechanics Instructor for Teens
- Grant Writing
- Money Matters Instructor for Teens
- Art Program Coordinator / Intern...
- Teen Tutoring: The Geek Group
- Audio / Visual Production
- Graphic Design & Print Design
- Receptionist / Greeter
- Audio / Visual Post Production
- Building Instructor for Teens
- Web development: Python
- Administration & Member Services
- Animation & Graphic Design