We are seeking a volunteer sales strategist to help with tickets sales for our annual fundraiser, A Night with the Stars (ANWTS), a performance that raises over $200K each year to support Community Housing Partnership (CHP).
ANWTS, a tradition since 1999, is a truly unique experience - Jane Kim has even called it her favorite nonprofit fundraiser in San Francisco! The event celebrates CHP's clients, all of whom are formerly homeless individuals, as they share their talents on stage. All performers are selected through an audition process and paired with local artists who mentor them through months of preparation. The performance, held at the beautiful Herbst Theatre, is preceded by a VIP party with food & wine.
The A Night with the Stars (ANWTS) volunteer sales strategist will work with Community Housing Partnership’s Director of Fund Development and the rest of the Committee to ensure a successful 2017 event.
- Commitment to the Community Housing Partnership’s mission
- Expertise in sales and strategy
- Knowledge of the local community and corporate culture
- Strong leadership, delegation, and communication skills
- Respect and understand the roles of volunteers and staff
- Volunteer/staff partnership
- Strong time-management skills
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Help strategize and lead event and raffle tickets sales
- Attend Event Planning Committee monthly meeting September 2016 - April 2017
- Share ideas and respect the ideas of others
- Attend the event on April 13th, 2017
- Attend the Buzz Event Happy Hour (February 2017)
- Assisting with event logistics
- Help recruit local talent to mentor the performers
- Help recruit event judges and honorary committee members
- Sales Process
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment