Volunteer Afterschool Tutors Needed
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereHistoric Thomas Center302 NE 6th AvenueBuilding B, 3rd Floor,Gainesville, FL 32601
Do you like helping children learn? Do you enjoy interacting with children? Can you see yourself being a mentor and helping promote academic excellence as a part of youth development? Do you want to help out in your community? If so, this is a perfect volunteer opportunity for you. Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs at the City of Gainesville is in need of tutors to help 1 st through 8 th grade students attending Alachua County Public Schools with homework help.
- Tutors are needed at Albert "Ray" Massey Recreation Center - 1001 NW 34th Street
- Clarence R. Kelly Community Center - 1701 NE 8th Avenue
- Eastside Community Center - 2841 E University Avenue
- Porters Community Center - 512 SW 2nd Terrace
This volunteer opportunity requires a commitment of 6-10 hours of volunteer work each week for a minimum of six months. To learn more about our character building youth after school program visit http://www.cityofgainesville.org/ParksRecreationCulturalAffairs/YouthProgramsCamps/WhenSchoolisIn.aspx
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours of each week for 6 months
- Gainesville Greenway Challenge -...
- Event Planning Volunteer for...
- Volunteer Afterschool Tutors...
- Give Back Thursday
- Administration Intern/Volunteer
- Gainesville Greenway Challenge...
- The Downtown Arts Festival
- Cheerleading Coaches/Student...
- Dash & Splash
- Park Ambassador Volunteers...