If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
- Emily Dickinson
Seasons Hospice is looking for Direct Patient Care Volunteers available during the week to visit patients throughout the Santa Clara County.
As a Direct Patient Care Volunteer, you would be providing the patient and/or family with emotional support and companionship. Volunteer activities with patients include: watching television, reading, listening to music, doing crafts, listening to patients’ stories, but most of all, becoming a friend to someone dealing with terminal illness.
If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity, then this is for you!
Orientation and training to be a Seasons Hospice Volunteer is extensive, but very valuable. You will have the opertunity to work with patients on special projects and help fulfill last wishes that can leave a lasting legacy to the patients family and friends for generations to come.
All volunteers must:
- Initial paperwork packet completion
- Interview and paperwork review session with Volunteer Coordinator
- Untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- A physical, offered to you at no cost
- Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Video Modules, Virtual Classroom and Chit Chats
Additionally: Direct Patient Care Volunteers will complete a Volunteer Training Day, as well as additional self-study modules and competencies. Direct Patient Care Volunteers must be 18 or older.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment