Help us kick off to this year’s planting season with the fall edition of Duwamish Alive! at the Duwamish Shoreline. Every fall we, and many other volunteer organizations, host a special planting party and celebration of the Duwamish river. This year will be the 11th annual event and we plan to make it the best one yet!
Come see the progress we have made, from dense blackberry thickets to a healthy, thriving riparian habitat, and help to contribute to our growing forest by planting native trees and shrubs. We’ll be putting over 100 plants in the ground for the event. You won’t want to miss out!
What to bring: Please dress for the weather. Boots or comfortable athletic shoes, work clothes, appropriate layers for rain and sun. Coffee and snacks will be provided, but volunteers should also bring a refillable water bottle. Restoration training, tools and gloves will be provided. No experience necessary!
Youth volunteers: If you are under 18 and attending the event without a parent or guardian, please come to the event with a Youth Waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Youth Waiver for Forterra Restoration Events
Spots fill up quickly so be sure to let us know early if you plan to attend. To register to volunteer, please follow the link below!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Help Restore Deadman's Pond!
- Green Puyallup Day @ Bradley...
- Volunteer to Help Everett's...
- Get Outside and Volunteer for...
- Green Tacoma Day @ Wapato Hills...
- Help Everett's Forests!
- Green Tacoma Day @ Oak Tree Park
- Inaugural Green Snoqualmie...
- Save the Salmon and Volunteer on...
- Volunteer in Everett's Forests!
- Green Puyallup Day @ Meeker Creek
- Green Tacoma Day @ Ryan's park
- Green Puyallup Day @ Silver Creek
- Volunteer for Snoqualmie’s...
- Green Tacoma Day @ Wapato Park
- Green Tacoma Day @ Titlow Park
- Green Tacoma Day @ Franklin Park
- Green Tacoma Day @ McKinley Park
- Plant a Tree in Everett for...