The Sunday schools teacher’s job description centers around leading children ages 7 to 12 into an intimate relationship with Christ. Training and curriculum will be provided. This is an ongoing opportunity needed every Sunday from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Teach a small group of children during Bible-study time
- Fellowships with children and their families
- Maintain proper Child Safety procedures
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently, handle security and crisis situations calmly, sensitivity to children’s individual needs
- Actively encourage consistent attendance
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability
- Possess a love of children and the necessary patience to work with youth
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Child Care Assistant
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Harvest Festival Helper
- Kitchen Assistant
- Help Distribute Christmas Toys...
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- Administrative Aide
- ESL Teacher
- Thanksgiving Food Distribution...
- Guitar Instructor
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Help with USDA food distribution
- GED Instructor
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- After School Program Tutor
- Fitness Instructor