Help with USDA food distribution
We assist about 200-250 families every month, with USDA food commodities, some of which are seniors. We need volunteers to help pre-bag food bags for the seniors, sort food, set up and clean up.
This opportunity happen at two locations:
- Hayward Corps- on every 3rd Wednesday (except November and December is the 2nd Wednesday of the month) from 12:00pm-4pm
- San Leandro County Office it is every third Thursday of the month (except November and December is the 2nd Thursday of the month) from 10a.m. - 1p.m.
Groups are welcome for both!
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Day a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Tri-Cities Kettle Kickoff Helpers
- Help Prepare and Serve food at...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Help Distribute Thanksgiving...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Holiday Events Coordinator
- Help Box Holiday Food for...
- Help Distribute Holiday Food and...
- Help Sort and bag Christmas Toys
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Fitness Instructor
- Holiday Festival Helpers
- Administrative Assistant