Help with USDA food distribution
The Salvation Army assists roughly 200-250 families every month with USDA food commodities. We need volunteers to help distribute food bags, sort food, and to help with set up and clean up.
This opportunity happens at The Salvation Army Hayward Corps every 3rd Wednesday (except November and December is the 2nd Wednesday of the month) from 11:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
Groups are welcome!
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Volunteers should be able to lift 10 lbs and anyone 15 and under needs to be accompanied by an adult
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant