Job Overview: The Volunteer Assistant supports the Volunteer Central by distributing t-shirts, handing out name badges, and helping out with any tasks as needed.
Location: BC Place, Terry Fox Plaza, 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
Friday, September 30, 2016 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (morning shift) or from 1:30 pm-6:00 pm (afternoon shift). Please stay until the end of your shift unless told otherwise by your leader. Do not leave the event without telling your leader.
- Hand out name badges to staff and volunteer leaders
- Ask volunteers to write their name on their name badges
- Distribute volunteer t-shirts
- Provide support to the Volunteer Coordinators and other areas as requested
- Help set-up the volunteer tent for the check-in process
Orientation/Training: Provided day of by Lisa Mitchell.
- Enthusiastic, organized, helpful, friendly, approachable
- Willing to work outside rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
Break: For the morning shift, your lunch break will be following your shift at 2:00 pm. If you are in the afternoon shift,y ou must arrive at 1:00 pm before your shift if you wish to join us for lunch. Lunch will be provided in Volunteer Central, and any other refreshments may be picked up at the Refreshment Tent.There is an eating area outside of Volunteer Central for volunteers. Please do not sit in the Refreshment tent as it is reserved for Ride participants.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks
- Involvement in a major fundraising event
- Making a difference to people with diabetes and their families
- Networking with other community volunteers
- Reference letter upon request
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment