Job Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting JDRF staff Volunteer Coordinator by overseeing Volunteer Central, ensuring volunteers are checked in quickly and efficiently, and greeting and thanking volunteers.
Location: BC Place Terry Fox Plaza, 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
Schedule: Friday, September 30, 2016 from 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Report to: Volunteer Central at 8:00am SHARP for check in. You may keep your belongings with you inside the Volunteer Central or store them in the provided frog boxes.
- Help answer any volunteer inquiries and resolve issues
- Help manage Volunteer Central
- Check in volunteers quickly and efficiently
- Hand out radios, volunteer t-shirts, and supplies
- Ensure only participants are utilizing equipment, refreshments, and food
- Keep volunteer central neat and tidy
Orientation/ Training: Provided day of the event by IDRF Volunteer Coordinator, Lisa Mitchell at 8:15 am at Volunteer Central.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Organized, efficient, attentive to details
- Willing to work outside rain or shine
Please dress appropriately
Skills / Experience: Strong communication and customer service skills
Lunch Break: Please coordinate your lunch break with the JDRF Staff Volunteer Coordinator. Lunch will be provided at the Volunteer Central, and any other refreshment may be picked up at the Refreshment Tent. There is an eating area outside of Volunteer Central for volunteers.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks
- Involment in a major fundraising event
- Networking with other community volunteers
- Reference letter upon request
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment