Use your foreign language skills to help refugees in our community! If you can speak another language, you can help make life better for one of Nashville’s most underserved populations. As an interpretation/translation volunteer with Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services, you will join an email and/or call list to provide translation services for monthly Employment and/or Cultural orientations, job readiness workshops, and other miscellaneous translation needs. This is a very important volunteer role, as the efficacy of the resettlement programs and guidance we provide depends greatly on our clients’ ability to understand our services. We’ll work with your schedule. Please contact our volunteer coordinator, Emily Sellers, for more information: email@example.com; (615) 259-3567, ext. 1199. Please see full position description here: http://cctenn.org/volunteeropportunitydetails.cfm?eid=16070715551328785
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Resume Reviewer for Refugees
- Resume Review Volunteer for...
- Group Volunteer Opportunity
- Public Transit Orientation
- American Friend for a Refugee...
- In Home English Tutor
- After-School Youth Tutor
- Transportation Volunteer
- "Adopt a Grandparent" -- Refugee...
- Resettlement Case Assistant
- Help with Refugee Elders Program
- Refugee Family Mentor
- Housing and Hospitality Volunteer
- Refugee Elders Program Assistant
- Refugee Youth Mentor