Job Overview: The Social Media Coordinator is responsible providing event updates and info by posting on Twitter and Facebook.
Location: BC Place Terry Fox Plaza, 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
Schedule: Friday, September 30, 2016 f rom 11:00 am-5:45 pm . Please stay until the end of your shift unless told otherwise by your leader (Volunteer Coordinator). Do not leave the event without letting your leader know.
Report to: Volunteer Central at 11:00 am SHARP for check-in. You may store your belongings in the frog boxes located in Volunteer Central. Please do not bring large pack backs or duffle bags due to limited space.
- Post on Twitter and Facebook (live posting/tweeting) at the Ride.
- Take photos throughout the day in the Bike Area to post on Twitter and Facebook
- A script for the entire event will be given to with specific times as to when to take the photos at the stage, as well as what ot tweet.
- Genral interactions and "mentions" on twitter. Increase retweets.
- Encourage riders ot tweet at the event and post on Facebook.
- Training will be set up with Volunteer Coordinator prior to event.
- Personable, team player, helpful, friendly.
- Can work independently after giving instructions.
- Willing to work outside rain or shine.
Please dress appropriately .
- Proficient in using Twitter, Facebook, and Hootsuite.
- Able to use a tablet or smartphone and take high quality photos for posting.
- Creative writing skills.
Refreshments: Lunch will be provided in Volunteer Central, and any other refreshments may be picked up at the Refreshment Tent.
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 7 Hours