ENERGETIC VOLUNTEER BUDDY'S NEEDED FOR KID'S CAMP:
A place for Grieving Children to Connect
How does one even begin to help a child process the loss of someone close to them? By incorporating therapeutic activities into a fun camping experience! Crossroads Kids allows children to connect with peers who are also experiencing grief. It is a time for attendees to share their experiences in a safe place while developing coping skills to take with them when they leave.
Crossroads Kids's offers participants a 3 day, 2 night camp held at Lake Doniphan Conference and Retreat Center in Excelsior Springs Missouri mid October. This event is sponsored by Crossroads Hospice Charitable Foundation
If you are energetic, creative, playful and LOVE to serve children, then we need YOU! Our Volunteer Buddies will be partnered on a 1:2 ratio to be a friend for the full weekend. You will:
- Must be 18 or older
- Partifipate, assist, and or constrtuct arts and crafts
- Organize and join in outdoor activities
- Be a compassionate listener through therapeutic activities
- Be present and available during meal times and cabin times
- Be available to attend mandatory specialized training
- Be available for the full camping weekend
- Pass background checks, finger-printing, TB test and CPR certification ( all provided )
for more information please email email@example.com
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Crisis Intervention
- Teaching / Instruction
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Fri. afternoon- Sun afternoon week of Camp
- Hospice training, grief training, CPR all provided
- Brighten a Day in Raytown!
- Do you have a computer? Want to...
- Experienced Crochet Enthusiast...
- Life Legacy Journals for the...
- Volunteer To Be One Of The Best!
- Office Volunteer
- Pet Visits for Hospice Patients
- Be Kind in Belton!
- Vet to Vet visits in Saline...
- Transform your Life! Become a...
- YOU Are The Ultimate Gift!
- Hospice Volunteers Needed in...
- Be A Moment of Joy!
- Make a Difference in Lee's...
- Your Dog Can Volunteer Too!
- Friendly Visitors wanted for...
- Brighten Someone's Day in...
- Creative Writing for Hospice...
- CAN YOU SMILE AT A STRANGER?...
- Looking for CARING individuals...