Located inside Sugar Sand Park Community Center, the Willow Theatre is an intimate 155 seat proscenium indoor theatre. The theatre is committed to providing a variety of high quality entertainment for the residents of the City of Boca Raton and the Greater boca Raton Beach and Park District.
Front of House Volunteers are lobby attendants, ticket takers, and ushers for Willow Theatre productions and other events. Volunteers ensure a welcoming presence in Willow Theatre areas and assist staff before, during, and after productions. Duties may include:
- Greeting patrons
- Taking tickets and verifying accuracy
- Prepping and distributing any performance literature
- Knowledge of theatre seating rows and ability to assist patrons with seating
- Assisting patrons or other guests in lobby during productions with superior customer service
- Being knowledgeable of Willow Theatre shows, programs, and events (as needed)
- Ensuring all Willow Theatre policies are enforced
- Commitment to multiple dates per year
The Willow Theatre might be the right place for you if:
- You have a passion for the Arts
- You love the Willow Theatre and want to give back
- You enjoy helping others
- You want to learn new skills and expand upon current ones
- You want to be more involved in the community
- You want a chance to meet and work with other professionals in the field
- You are confident in interacting with people
- You want to meet other awesome people
- You need community service hours
All Willow Theatre volunteers participate in a mandatory orientation and training prior to beginning their time with the Willow Theatre. Sugar Sand Park is operated by the City of Boca Raton. Volunteers will need to complete a City Volunteer forms packet, including the background check for ALL volunteers. Complete the forms, indicating that you are interested in volunteering at the Willow Theatre at Sugar Sand Park, and return it to Sugar Sand Park Community Center. We will work with the City's Human Resources Office to process paperwork.
Volunteers 18 + years will also need to meet with the City of Boca of Raton Volunteer Coordinator, at City Hall, to receive a badge once the forms have been processed.
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Theater Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of five (5) shifts per calendar year.