Irvine Nature Center is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and organized intern to prepare for and lead hands-on, outdoor environmental education programs for school-aged children. The intern will be trained to implement science-based lesson plans and will learn local natural history, trailside activities, and teaching techniques.
* Applicants must be interested in natural sciences, environmental science, science education, outdoor recreation, or related fields
* Work experience with children
* Strong interest in the environment and natural history
* Strong interest in education
* Excellent communication skills
* Familiarity with (or enthusiasm to learn) a variety of environmental education activities
* Your own transportation (will be traveling to Baltimore City)
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor Education, and Secondary Education. Natural sciences, Environmental Science, or related fields also considered.
* 15-20 hours per week
* Must have availability between 8am-5pm
* Thursday & Friday
* Start date: September 7th End Date: December 16th ; possible extension into the Spring season.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15-20 hours/week
- Nature Store Volunteer
- After-School Program Intern
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Urban Education Intern
- Special Event Intern
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Animal Care & Exhibits Intern
- Development Intern
- Nature Store Intern/Volunteer
- Naturalist Intern