Volunteer with one of our Senior Centers and learn how our programs are run! Volunteer will assist program staff with the day-to-day management of the office, senior activities, and special projects. This opportunity can also qualify as an internship for undergraduate and graduate students seeking more experience in the nonprofit world.
Tasks may include:
- Helping staff plan and execute program-wide activities.
- Answering the phone, ordering supplies (food, cleaning stationery), and keeping the orderly appearance of the office.
- Collection of Friendly Visiting Logs monthly.
- Trip arrangements, sign-up, and management.
- Assistance with the planning and running of classes, parties, and concerts for seniors.
- Assistance with Union Settlement events such as the Ethnic Festival, and with community-wide events such as the Lunar New Year Celebration for East Harlem seniors.
- Additional duties as assigned by the program director.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to at least 3 hours, 2x a week.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Chinese) is a plus.