We are looking for volunteers to help with our Visitor Services team at the front desk of the Museum. You would be responsible for answering the phone, greeting and admitting visitors and member families, and working the gift shop area. Good communication skills and friendly demeanor a must for this "face of the museum" position. Basic office and organizational skills a plus, and enjoys working with children.
This volunteer position is a much needed and very important role in our daily operation, and will allow our one staff member to offer programs and activities throughout the day. Must be available during our hours of operation.
Available shift examples are 10-12, 1-3 Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. 3-5 Sundays.
We need dedicated individuals who can commit to one 2-2.5hr shift a week, biweekly, or monthly so we can offer programming during the times that the desk has coverage.
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Sales Process
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5hr a month more if can
- basic math skills and people skills
- Transportation Assistance as...
- Model Train Enthusiasts
- Visitor Services Volunteer
- Fun and Energetic Marketing and...
- Volunteer Coordinator for...
- Custodian / Maintenance Volunteer
- Utica Children's Museum Docent
- Office Assistant
- Elf Walk 2016 Volunteers Needed!
- Decorate the Children's Museum...
- Space Exploration Enthusiasts
- Looking for a great one day...
- Short-Term - Programs/Activities