Chicagoland Model UN Club is seeking board members with marketing and accounting expertise
The Chicagoland MUN Club is a nonprofit (501(c)(3)) organization that educates high school and middle school students in leadership, public speaking, negotiation, international issues and professional skills through its programs. Our programs include:
- The Northern Illinois Model United Nations Conference
- A Model UN Conference summer camp
- Skills-building weekly training sessions in preparation for national and international model UN conferences. CMC members have won various awards at national and international Model UN conferences
With a 7 year history, we have organised 5 successful Northern Illinois Model United Nations Conferences (http://www.nimunweb.com/w/). Our 6 th annual conference will happen on November 16, 2016.
Invitation to Apply as a Board Member
CMC is undergoing an exciting time of growth. We have a couple of open seats on our Board of 5 professionals and 5 students, and we encourage you to consider applying if:
- You value the educational and social benefits of a Model United Nations Club - you will play a pivotal role in shaping the careers of future U.S. and international leaders.
- You are motivated to promote the benefits of educating students in leadership, professional skills, international issues and politics.
- You are interested in mentoring Teens to run a non-profit.
- You have the time, energy and desire (5-10 hours per month) to serve on an active board.
- You are a professional with expertise in accounting or marketing/PR.
Role of the Board
In 2016-2017, board members will be involved in one of the following functions:
- Provide direction and strategy to steer CMC through this next growth phase, including reviewing and refining a long-term plan;
- Building a public relations and marketing strategy;
- Reviewing and refining a fundraising strategy;
- Provide governance, fundraising and other guidance; or
- Provide accounting, legal and project management support.
We meet as a Board monthly but also use online tools to communicate extensively between meetings, and some members or teams may also choose to meet in-person or via call-in between our monthly Board Meetings.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Outreach
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5-10 hours per month minimum