Incorporated in 2013, Chicagoland MUN Club (CMC) has been managed and run by Parents & Teens, passionate about Intenational Politics, United Nations Roles and World Impact, public speaking, and personal growth.
Three years later, we are growing, and we need you! We have a couple of open seats on CMC's 8-person Board of Directors and we encourage you to consider applying if:
* You value the educational and social benefits of an MUN Club for teens. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the careers of future U.S. International Politicians and Global Leaders.
* You are interested in mentoring Teens to run a nonprofit
* You are motivated to impact and promote the benefits of a local MUN Club that focuses on educating students on International Cultures, Policies, and Laws
* You have the time, energy and desire (10 hours per month) to serve on a *working* board -- not just a policy-making/oversight one
* You are committed to impacting an International Political program that reaches middle schoolers for future leadership and MUN team competitiveness.
* You are open to working with consensus-based group decision-making bodies; that include the votes of the students that are served.
The Chicagoland MUN Club's Board is a working board (as opposed to a governance board). We meet as a Board monthly but also use online tools to communicate extensively between meetings, and many teams may also choose to meet in-person or via call-in, between our monthly Board Meetings.
It is a plus, that the candidates are capable of managing and mentoring in any of these categories:
Accounting, fundraising, administrative, Project management, and Public Relations
Does your schedule permit you to make the necessary time commitment to help make Chicago MUN Club operate more efficiently?
Join Us! We Need You!
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10 hours per month minimum