Are you passionate about Peace?
9 people are interested
We, The World (see http://WE.net) is seeking individuals that are passionate about Peace to volunteer and coordinate the Unity Campaign - one of 11 Campaigns for Change (seehttp://WE.net/11themes). Although this position is ongoing, there is immediate need for coordinating for the upcoming 11 Days of Global Unity in September. Coordinators will be responsible for reaching out to and connecting with other organizations that align with the goals of the Peace Campaign:
- Celebrate the UN International Day of Peace (September 21) by observing a minute of silence at 12 noon globally and in other ways
- Work to create a Culture of Peace
- Promote a global military ceasefire on September 21
- Promote the multilateral framework of the United Nations, its institutions and its legal instruments for resolving international conflicts
- Call for Sept 21 being a day of nonviolence in all media - a "media ceasefire"
- Call for Sept 21 being a day of nonviolence in our communities - a ceasefire for gangs, domestic disputes, etc.
- Establish departments and ministries of peace around the world
- Prioritize nonviolent forms of communication at all levels - from the personal to the international
- Highlight our personal and collective progress towards a Culture of Peace
- Carry out other programs that support Peace
Additional responsibilities include assisting partners in adding events to the Global Unity Calendar and maintaining an accurate database of partner information.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week