Join the Disarmament Campaign Team
3 people are interested
We, The World (see http://WE.net) is seeking individuals that are passionate about Disarmament to volunteer and coordinate the Unity Campaign - one of 11 Campaigns for Change (seehttp://WE.net/11themes). Although this position is ongoing, there is immediate need for coordinating for the upcoming 11 Days of Global Unity in September. Coordinators will be responsible for reaching out to and connecting with other organizations that align with the goals of the Disarmament Campaign:
- Reform and improve laws governing gun sales and the global arms trade
- Reduce weapons sales globally
- Abolish nuclear weapons and all WMDs
- Support arms reduction treaties
- Strengthen security through diplomacy, nonviolent conflict resolution and conflict prevention
- Support the use of field-tested programs of nonviolent intervention such as nonviolent civilian peacekeeping forces
- Reduce military spending
- Carry out other programs that support the goal of Disarmament
Additional responsibilities include assisting partners in adding events to the Global Unity Calendar and maintaining an accurate database of partner information.
About We, The World
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 710, New York, NY 10017, US
We, The World links organizations and individuals globally to build mass public involvement in creating a peaceful, caring, sustainable world.
In order for We, The World to awaken a spirit of caring and involvement in the public, we are forming global networks of collaboration to empower those who are working for peace, the environment and transformation.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week