Join the Freedom Campaign Team!
5 people are interested
We, The World (see http://WE.net) is seeking individuals that are passionate about Freedom to volunteer and coordinate the Unity Campaign - one of 11 Campaigns for Change (see http://WE.net/11themes). Although this position is ongoing, there is immediate need for coordinating for the upcoming 11 Days of Global Unity in September. Coordinators will be responsible for reaching out to and connecting with other organizations that align with the goals of the Freedom Campaign:
- "Make Your Voice Heard" (UN Theme for Peace & Democracy)
- Make sure the voice of the people is heard at the highest levels of power
- Promote responsible governance of, by and for the people - for the Common Good
- Promote public financing of local and national elections
- Support strategies to reduce corruption
- Fund and support democratic governance practices and institutions worldwide
- Promote Media Literacy: Who controls and benefits from media? How is media created and manipulated for political and economic gain? Is it news or PR? Entertainment or Advertising?
- Fully fund and support independent non-commercial media in the public interest
- Advocate for socially responsible public interest practices in all media
- Protect and foster freedom of expression in media, culture and the arts worldwide
- Carry out other programs that support Freedom
Additional responsibilities include assisting partners in adding events to the Global Unity Calendar and maintaining an accurate database of partner information.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week