The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 1800 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide low-income youth of our community with the opportunities that enable them to graduate ready to succeed in college or career.
We are currently seeking volunteer tutors who will mentor and develop at-risk youth in our community, fostering intellectual and social growth. Tutors will help students with their homework in the subject area of your choice. We can use your time Mondays-Thursdays between the hours of 3:00-7:00pm. While hours are flexible, we require a minimum commitment of 1 hour per week for a 10 week period. Tutoring opportunities are available with students grades K-12 in the communities of East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time hour orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
If interested, apply online here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535 or contact email@example.com
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for up to 10 weeks
- Administrative Volunteer Needed...
- 1-1 Mentoring Opportunity! Coach...
- Help Kids with Homework at the...
- Spanish-Speaking Volunteers...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed!
- Graphic Design Intern Needed for...
- Do you like LEGOs? Lego League...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Dance Instructor for Boys and...
- Judges Needed for LEGO Robotics...
- Mentor a Student - Boys and...