The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 2300 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide the low-income youth of our community with the opportunities that enable them to graduate ready to succeed in college or a career.
We are currently seeking volunteer tutors to mentor and develop at-risk youth in our community, fostering intellectual and social growth. Tutors will help students with their homework in the subject area of their choice. We could use your time Mondays-Thursdays between the hours of 3:30-6:00 pm (depending on site location). While hours are flexible, we require a minimum commitment of 1 hour per week for a 10 week period. Tutoring opportunities are available with students grades K-12 in the communities of East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time hour orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
Interested? Apply online: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- Biology, Chemistry and/or...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- After-School Homework Tutor for...
- Boys and Girls Club looking for...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- After-School Tutor for Local...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (Once a Week)
- Math Tutors Needed at Teen...