The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 2300 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide low-income youth of our community with the opportunities that enable them to graduate ready to succeed in college or career.
We are currently seeking volunteer tutors who will mentor and develop at-risk youth in our community, fostering intellectual and social growth. Tutors will help students with their homework in the subject area of your choice. We can use your time Mondays-Thursdays between the hours of 3:00-6:00pm. While hours are flexible, we require a minimum commitment of 1 hour per week for a 10 week period. Tutoring opportunities are available with students grades K-12 in the communities of East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time hour orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
Interested? Apply online: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for up to 10 weeks
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Head Coach Needed for...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)