The parenting workshop intern will help with coordination of parenting workshops and meetings in the community. Includes curriculum development, working with other volunteers and community partners, and teaching parenting modules. Modules include: behavior/discipline, health and wellness, nutrition, and school readiness; more as developed.
- Pursuing a degree in Education, Social Work, or other family services related field required
- At least 1 year experience working with parent programming in an educational or recreational capacity; preferred experience working with refugee or immigrant parents
- Strong intercultural communication skills and ability to relate to individuals of different backgrounds
- Preferred experience with technology in the classroom such as using a smart board, Ipad, and/or educational software
- Program coordination experience preferred flexibility and ability to work in fast paced environment required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Fluency in English is required; Secondary language skills are a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint Clearance Card, clean driving record; access to reliable transportation
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the behest of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. With support from our community partners, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 20+ hours per month
- Intern needs an Arizona fingerprint clearance card, and access to reliable transportation.
- Parenting Workshop Volunteer
- Citizenship Class (Avondale)
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- VITA Volunteer
- Citizenship Classes
- VITA Site Coordinator
- Adult Education Volunteer
- Transit Trainer
- Parenting Workshop Intern
- Intensive Case Management...
- Office Operations Volunteer
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)
- Cultural Orientation Class...