The parenting workshop teacher will teach in one of four modules during the monthly workshop at IRC. Modules include: behavior/discipline, health and wellness, nutrition, and school readiness. Volunteer will be working from existing curriculum and materials.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have previous experience working with Refugee learners
- Classroom management skills
- Cross Cultural experience preferred
- Expert in an area of teaching (behavioral health, medical, etc.)
- Arabic, Somali, or other language ability desired in addition to English
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1.5 - 5 hours a month
- Needs an Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Health Specialist Volunteer
- Citizenship & Immigration...
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Information & Resource Volunteer
- Childcare Microenterprise...
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Financial Education Intern
- Reception & Placement...
- Housing Specialist Volunteer
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- Wellness Center Filing Clerk
- Communications Intern
- Wellness Intern
- Education & Learning In-Class...
- Well Being Volunteer
- Job Development Volunteer
- Child Watch Volunteer
- Intensive Case Management (ICM)...
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)