The Mobile Food Shelf brings food out to communities that are not able to come to NorthPoint for our on-site Food Shelf. Along with providing food, we also provide health screenings and nutrition education. We currently serve 6 different locations near NorthPoint every 3rd Tuesday of the month 8:30am-11:30am, every 3rd Thursday of the month 12:30-3:30pm, and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Friday of the month 12:30pm-3:30pm. Volunteers are needed to help with client registration/intake and health screenings (i.e. blood pressure checks).
We are especially looking for someone who is able to speak Hmong on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and some who can speak Somali the 3rd Thursday and 2nd Friday of the month. However volunteers with English-only skills are welcome as well for an of these opportunities.
Health Care Training is a plus!
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week or twice a month for 3 hour shifts.
- Most opportunities are weekdays 9am-5pm.
- Volunteer Services Program Intern
- Children's Dental Health Events...
- Computer Savvy? Lend your skills...
- Client and Family Services...
- Receptionist Intern
- Health Outreach Volunteers with...
- Community Health Outreach Worker...
- Men's Health Community Outreach...
- Children's Book Shelf Assistant
- Food Shelf Assistant
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer...
- Health Screening Volunteer