An innovative palliative care community in Shoreview, Saint Therese at St. Odilia was designed to allow individuals with advanced chronic illness to experience the kind of enhanced care and quality of life they deserve - all in an intimate and peaceful setting.
Palliative Care Companion volunteers provide companionship to residents living at Saint Therese at St. Odilia. They enhance the daily life of residents through thoughtful sharing, caring and listening. These volunteers supplement the care of the staff and the resident's family by giving one to one attention to the resident. No experience required - just a desire to spend time helping make a difference in someone's day.
Visit www.sttheresemn.org/volunteer-opportunities to learn more and apply online.
When you make a difference in someone’s life you’ll make a difference in your life too. Volunteering is good for the soul!
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 30 hours/yr; weekly or bi-weekly 2 hour shifts
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Musical Volunteers
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Make a Difference - Volunteer at...
- Palliative Care Companion -...
- Share your Talents and Love for...
- Library Assistant at Saint Therese
- Games & Activities Assistant
- Hospitality Volunteer at Saint...
- Pastoral Care Volunteer
- Day Trips & Fun Outings for...
- Visit with Seniors and Bring a...
- Happy Hour at Saint Therese at...
- Mass/Worship Escort
- Hospitality Volunteer at...
- Sewing/Mending Volunteer
- Music & Memory Volunteer
- Office Assistant at Transitional...
- Bingo Volunteer!
- Beauty Salon Assistant