Community Outreach Team Member
Join a dynamic group of individuals motivated by the need to protect our natural world with particular emphasis on environmental conservation and education. Outreach is an important aspect of our organization and we need volunteers to join our Community Outreach Team.
Eastside Audubon connects people with nature through bird and plant walks, conservation activities and a wide variety of classes for both children and adults. Volunteers work to protect wildlife and their habitats through our Conservation Committee. Our Education Committee teaches children and adults about birds and wildlife and their value in the community. Our members enjoy studying our local flora and fauna through monthly programs and weekly field trips.
You will work with an established team of staff, volunteers, and board members, visiting events, farmers markets, and community festivals throughout the Eastside. The outreach team is responsible for sharing the message of Eastside Audubon, and all the materials and talking points will be provided.
- Learn about our local environment and conservation issues in your area
- Be part of a dynamic team
- Make friends and meet new people from a wide variety of industries and backgrounds
- Interest in Birding, Conservation, or the Environment
- Willingness to learn about Eastside Audubon’s programs
- Complete Community Outreach Team Member training
- Ability to volunteer 3-5 hours, at least once a quarter
- Reliable transportation
- Friendliness, enjoy meeting new people
Duties may include:
- Pick up, deliver, and set up event materials
- Share the message of Eastside Audubon
- Give out brochures and pamphlets about our programs and membership
- Invite kids and families to participate in a scavenger hunt, game, or short bird walk
- Ensure all materials are returned on event day;
To join this team and become part of an organization that makes a difference in your community, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The mission of Eastside Audubon is to protect, preserve and enhance natural ecosystems and our communities for the benefit of birds, other wildlife and people. Established in 1980 as a Chapter of National Audubon, Eastside Audubon has grown to 1,200+ strong and serves the urban and rural communities east of Seattle.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- a minimum of 3-5 hours, about once a quarter