The American Cancer Society is looking for a dedicated volunteer interested in gaining experience in event planning and fundraising. We are in the process of developing a new event in conjunction with the Indiana Lation Expo in the Indianapolis area. We are seeking passionate, organized and committed people who can help us get the event up and running. Roles that will be available can entail sponsorship, marketing/publicity, social media and event management. Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish or another language is a plus, but not required.
The marketing lead creates, develops, and implements marketing and publicity to raise
awareness of the Relay For Life event.
Individuals in this role will be able to coordinate, prepare, and implement a publicity and
marketing strategy. Additionally, they will be familiar with or willing to learn how to utilize the
resources, tools, and resources available to promote and market the event.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
* Assist online and social communications lead in cultivating relationships with contacts in
media outlets and other promotional organizations.
* Plan and implement strategies for event promotion, marketing materials, and resources.
* Assist online and social communications lead in messaging for online promotion.
* Provide opportunities for Event Leadership Team, Team Captains, participants, and volunteers
to share stories.
* Develop relationships and serve as the primary contact with media outlets and other
organizations with a broad reach including newspapers, radio, and television outlets, etc.
* Leverage relationships with business contacts and other supporters to promote the Relay For
Life event and Event Leadership Team efforts.
* Works with the experience lead and Relay For Life specialist to ensure that all marketing
materials are available for the Event Leadership Team and teams in a timely manner.
* Meets monthly or bi-monthly with experience lead to discuss goals and progress.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per month