About Pen Parentis
Pen Parentis is a 100% volunteer run 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization that provides critical resources to writers to help them stay on creative track after they start a family. Founded by author (and parent) M. M. De Voe, the organization runs a bicoastal literary salon that seeks to change the stereotype of parent-writer by presenting works of a diversity of exemplary writers who happen to also be parents.
By focusing on writers, we hope to help create a world in which the arts community at large supports and embraces parenthood as a normal choice in any working artist’s life.
Reporting to the Salons Curator, the Listings Editor is responsible for keeping events calendar listings current.
- Research, develop and maintain a list of appropriate NYC and national events calendars
- Using provided press releases, update the Salons listings on a monthly basis
- Discover and apply public-domain photos or provided author photos to enhance listings
We are seeking highly motivated volunteers who can commit 3-4 Hours per month through May 2016 and will tackle all projects with enthusiasm. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- High comfort level with online work, using the internet
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in books, literary and/or arts programs
Aside from networking with other Volunteers and multi-disciplinary professionals in the literary industry, Pen Parentis offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Professional Development
- Community Impact
- Invitation to attend all Pen Parentis events,
- Opportunity to meet authors and other literary industry notables.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 3-4 hours each month for nine months