About the Learning Celebration:
- We'll be in Reidsville, NC at Camp Guilrock (near Greensboro) from Sunday, October 9th - Friday, October 14th
- Volunteers lead 4th graders through hands-on exploration of the river environment (other ways to help are described on our website)
- Overnight camping is available for those who wish to help for multiple days
- Students are on site from about 9am-1:45pm every day
- Volunteers have afternoons/evenings off for recreation (crafting, hiking, swimming, canoing, socializing)
- Experience is not required
- Training and delicious vegetarian meals are provided
Learning Stations include nature art, stream ecology, watershed cultural history, and animals. All meet NCSCOS Competency Goals for 4th grade. The activities you'll lead inspire students to think about how human actions affect the river and its watershed communities
You can help out any day(s) from September 24th-October 14th at one of our 3 sites:
Bynum, NC (9/24-9/30), Saxapahaw (10/1-10/7), and Reidsville (10/9-10/14)
For more information, visit our website, hawriver.org, and click on the projects tab.
Hope to see you there!
Watershed Education Coordinator
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Environmental Education
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- A few hours, a full day, or all week!