About Pen Parentis
Pen Parentis is a 100% volunteer run 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization that provides critical resources to writers to help them stay on creative track after they start a family. Founded by author (and parent) M. M. De Voe, the award-winning organization runs a bicoastal literary salon that seeks to change the stereotype of parent-writer by presenting works of a diversity of exemplary writers who happen to also be parents.
Pen Parentis also seeks to support writing parents through its annual Writing Fellowship, its online and in-person community-building events, and through various partnerships with nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies that support the arts. By focusing on writers, we hope to help create a world in which the arts community at large supports and embraces parenthood as a normal choice in any working artist’s life.
Reporting to Executive Director, the Fundraising and Development Director is responsible for developing, enhancing, and implementing the organization’s funding plan.
- Train, manage, and develop a team of volunteers
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy
- Plan Fundraising Events,
- Meet with potential donors, partners, clients
- Research and apply for grant funding
We are seeking highly motivated volunteers who can commit up 6-10 Hours per week for 6 Months and will tackle all projects with enthusiasm. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in Fundraising
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience Managing volunteers
- Experience in Program Management
- Interest in books, literary and/or arts programs
Aside from networking with other Volunteers and multi-disciplinary professionals in the writing and publishing industry, Pen Parentis offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Professional Development
- Community Impact
- Industry Networking
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-10 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- meetings with executive director (can be virtual); NYC-based preferred but will consider all.