Volunteer Data Entry Super Hero Needed!
Since 1971, Heights and Hills has been providing older adults and their caregivers with the services, support and information they need to age in place - in their own homes and neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Our mission is to promote successful aging in the community.
We are looking for a mature, enthusiastic, committed volunteer to play a supportive but critical data entry role at the Park Slope Center for Successful Aging (PSCSA). Located in the heart of Park Slope at the corner of Seventh Avenue and Seventh Street, this beloved community resource for older adults has enjoyed renewed energy, growth and support under the management of Heights and Hills which took over operations in August of 2015.
Volunteer Position Summary
The Volunteer Data Entry Super Hero will work under the supervision of the PSCSA Director and Assistant Director.
- Must be able to make a one year commitment to volunteer 3-4 hous a week on the weekday(s) of their choice
- Ability to commit to 2-3 days of training in February preferred
- Volunteer will play a key role "behind the scenes" helping to reconcile hand-written daily attendance reports with electronic attendance
Ideal job for a volunteer who:
- Is familiar with and very comfortable navigating a web-based database and using Microsoft Excel
- Is willing to learn the basics of the NYC Department for the Aging STARS data-base
- Enjoys working independently to solve problems and likes paying attention to the details
- Can juggle mundane data entry with untangling complex data inaccuracies
- Has a friendly, easy going personality, possess a sense of humor and humility
- Believes in the mission of Heights and Hills
Interested volunteers please email a brief letter of interest and resume to: Volunteer Program Director email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week for one year
- Must be very comfortable navigating a web-based database and using Microsoft Excel