Join us as we combat isolation by reconnecting older adults with their families and friends! VCI Cyber-Seniors help older adults with basic computer skills to communicate with distant friends and families. VCI Cyber-Seniors engages high school and college aged students with older adults for this opportunity.
The goal of Cyber-Seniors is to bridge the technological gap that isolates older generations from younger generations by empowering student mentors of the high school and college age group to assist the older adult population in learning how to use a computer, communicate through email, and use social media.
Volunteering with VCI Cyber-Seniors you will:
- Help connect the younger generation with the older generation
- Help close the digital divide with your wealth of knowledge in technology
- Mentor an older adult on basic computer skills
- How to turn on a computer
- How to type on a keyboard
- How to create and navigate email
- And so much more!
- Receive community service hours
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Relationship Building
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 8 weeks