Irvine Nature Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
* Solicit sponsors, create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, assist with the management of event staff and volunteers, and cover the logistics of the event.
* Update guest registration, seating information and related data entry.
* Manage and implement a plan for securing silent auction items.
* Assist with insuring the special events content on the Irvine website and social media sites are updated.
* Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up.
* Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes.
* Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably with and interest in non-profit development or event planning.
* Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours/week
- After-School Program Intern
- Are you handy and like the...
- Project Clean Stream
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Special Event Intern
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Development Intern
- Youth Program Leader- Summer...
- Storm Clean-Up!