Success Preparatory Academy is a K-8 New Orleans charter school founded in 2009, serving mostly low-income and minority students from across the city. Our mission is to develop college bound students for leadership and lifelong learning. We're focused on closing the achievement gap and providing high quality education to traditionally underserved students. We value trauma-informed approaches, utilize a social-emotional learning curriculum, and offer a wide array of extracurriculars to help us build well-rounded students with horizons that reach beyond the walls of the traditional classroom. We care deeply about our students' life trajectories, so we've built a high school placement program to guide current students and track our graduates to ensure they remain on the path to college.
Technology has become an increasingly important part of our staff and students' lives. As the presence of tech and our access to data expands, so must our capacity to use and manage the software, hardware, and information at our disposal. We're looking for a VISTA to serve as Technology Coordinator with the end goal of increasing student achievement by improving technology and data utilization throughout our school. Specifically, we're looking for someone to assess our current tech, identify overlaps and opportunities for streamlining, create systems for data management and analysis, make future purchasing suggestions, and build staff capacity to utilize current tech and data to its fullest potential.
The Technology Coordinator will:
- Create and execute trainings that empower teachers to better utilize and troubleshoot data and technology in their classrooms, and train teachers to help their students better utilize technology.
- Train staff in the use of online curricula and analysis of student academic data, while increasing data accuracy across all platforms.
- Compile training information into user guides for future reference.
- Assess current hardware (network hardware and devices) and software (online curricula and content management systems).
- Assess current systems for physical technology storage as well as online data storage, with the goal of decreasing technology damage/theft and improving hardware and software security.
- Make purchasing and consolidation recommendations, and create systems for technology use, storage, and maintenance.
The Technology Coordinator has:
- A service-oriented mindset with a passion for K-8 education and closing the achievement gap.
- An unwavering belief that any problem can be solved.
- An intense focus on processes, routines, and systems.
- A proven track record of experience working with data and technology.
The Technology Coordinator will receive:
- An $11,636 stipend for living expenses.
- Up to $1,000 in relocation assistance (if moving from over 50 miles outside of New Orleans).
- A $5,000 education award.
- The experience of a lifetime!
Initial phone and in-person Interviews will take place from January 5 th-13 th. Final interviews will take place the week of January 16 th, and we will extend an offer by January 20 th. Applicants must be willing to participate in the AmeriCorps VISTA program. To learn more about the AmeriCorps VISTA program and to apply for the Technology Coordinator position at Success Preparatory Academy, please visit the My AmeriCorps portal at https://my.americorps.gov/. We look forward to hearing from you.
Success Preparatory Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or sexual orientation.
- Google Apps
- IT Consulting
- Security / Network Administration
- Professional Development
- General Education
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 45 hrs/week
- Participation in the AmeriCorps VISTA program