Washington Reading Corps/AmeriCorps Service Member at EOCF
Share your love and contagious enthusiasm for community service, literacy and preschool children to ignite a passion for learning! Engage their families and the community to support and join the teaching team. Each morning you will tutor small groups of children (3-5 years old) in a busy preschool setting with a trained teaching team. Each afternoon you will work alone and with another member to share resources with staff and families, plan and coordinate family literacy events, volunteers, newsletters and free book distributions. Training and mentoring are provided. Come join us and leave a legacy!
How to apply and get more information:
1. Contact EOCF: 360.567.2701 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 360.896.9912
2. Review Washington Reading Corps Website and Member Toolkit: https://washingtonservicecorps.org/. https://waservicecorps.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/wrc-member-toolkit.pdf
3. Apply to be an AmeriCorps Member: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=56821&fromSearch=true
Time commitment: 10.5 months, 40 hours per week. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. 1,700 hours served September, 2016 - June 15, 2017 at various active preschool classrooms in Clark County. Evening or weekend service outside of scheduled hours may be required.
Benefits: $1,195 monthly living stipend (pre-tax), $5,775 education award upon completion of 1,700 service hours, health insurance for member, paid mileage, plus loan forbearance and subsidized child care if eligible.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Child Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1700 hours, 10 1/2 months
- Attend weekend training in October and monthly trainings, negative TB test within last 12 months.