Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
53 people are interested
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- Volunteers prepare tax returns for free for low-to-limited income individuals and families
- Volunteers receive FREE training in how to prepare a basic tax return
- There are a variety of volunteer opportunities within the VITA program; tax preparers, greeters, site coordinators, instructors and interpreters
- The tax preparation sites are located throughout the city of Phoenix with various dates and times of operation
- Becoming a VITA Volunteer provides satisfaction of helping others and develop new job skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About City of Phoenix Human Services Department - Community Initiatives
200 W. Washington St. 18th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85003, US
The city of Phoenix's Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) campaign provides public awareness of the EITC, free tax preparation, e-filing services, and asset building information which financially strengthens the community. This is accomplished by partnering with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), faith-based community, educational institutions, financial institutions, and non-profit agencies.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation services to individuals and families with low or limited income, persons with disabilities, elderly, and limited English speaking. Volunteers prepare basic tax returns which are filed electronically to expedite refunds. To learn more go to our web site. www.phoenix.gov/eitc
We'll work with your schedule.
200 W. Washington St.Phoenix, AZ, AZ 85003
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer 4 hrs per week during tax filing season