Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
City of Phoenix Human Services Department - Community Initiatives
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
64 people are interested
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Appointment Screener The VITA Program trains community members to assists low-to-moderate income individuals and their families in receiving tax preparation services.
VITA is in need of volunteers who are willing to work virtually to screen prospective clients to determine if they meet VITA eligibility for free tax services. No tax law experience is needed, we will train you on how to handle the phone calls and appointment scheduling.
Duties for this vital gateway position include:
- Working from a script to determine if a client is eligible for services.
- Educating the client on the appointment process at the VITA Tax site.
- Advising client of needed documentation for their appointment.
- Scheduling client with a "Drop Off" Appointment to have their taxes completed.
Requirements for the position:
1. Must pass the Volunteer Standards of Conduct Test Online (we provide a 30 minute training on this test)
2. Be willing to obtain a digital phone number (Google number) to protect you identity as you will be calling from your home.
3. Have access to a computer and internet.
4. Have basic computer skills.
5. Register as a City of Phoenix Volunteer
For more information about this position please contact us at 602 534 8359 or email@example.com.
About City of Phoenix Human Services Department - Community Initiatives
200 W. Washington St. 18th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85003, US
The city of Phoenix's Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) campaign provides public awareness of the EITC, free tax preparation, e-filing services, and asset building information which financially strengthens the community. This is accomplished by partnering with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), faith-based community, educational institutions, financial institutions, and non-profit agencies.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation services to individuals and families with low or limited income, persons with disabilities, elderly, and limited English speaking. Volunteers prepare basic tax returns which are filed electronically to expedite refunds. To learn more go to our web site. www.phoenix.gov/eitc