The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: PR Director
- Manage Blog Team including assigning and overseeing work, editing content, and coaching when needed
- Edit content expediently providing feedback and suggesting appropriate changes
- Write 1-2 original blog posts per month that set an example of optimum work to your team
- Submit content on deadline and respond quickly to requests from management team
- Help provide links to supporting content where appropriate
- Suggest headlines, tags and summaries to accompany posts
- (Optional) Help provide photos relevant to content
- Follow IHSF on Twitter and Facebook
- Actively promote your content and your team’s content on social media
- Adhere to terms and conditions set forth by the blogger contract agreement and the IHSF Code of Ethics
- Use positive language to promote IHSF core values
Experience in journalism, creative writing or a related field.
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate any clippings and/or examples of your work.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
- Literacy / Reading
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 3-5 hours per week