Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of children living in poverty? The Circles Kettering Youth Community is made up of children ages 0 -18. Right now we are looking for volunteers to play with and teach our littlest ones, ages 1-6 years old.
Our team of teaching volunteers is a diverse group of people, many of whom don't have formal experience or training with education. What we're looking for most in a toddler/pre-K volunteer is someone who...
- is available on Tuesday evenings (5:45pm - 8:00pm)
- is knowledgeable about early childhood development, or willing to learn a little bit about it
- views children as curious learners from birth, not blank slates
- will treat even the youngest Circles members with dignity, respect, kindness, and patience
- operates from a growth mindset, seeing what possibilities exist in challenges
- will communicate with the Youth Coordinator about the kids' growth, their needs, etc.
- willing to undergo a background check and participate in various informal training opportunities (these are flexible and scheduled as needed)
If this sounds like you, contact Laura with a few sentences about who you are and what you love. Whether you are just looking forward to playing with kids, or if you would be interested in planning lessons and activities, we are excited to hear from you!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesdays, 2.5 hours