Volunteer Job Description
JOB TITLE: Cattery Companions
REPORT TO: Cattery Manager SUPERVISED BY: Volunteer Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: One hour, one day per week between the hours of 12pm and ½ hour before the end of adoption hours.
PURPOSE: To work one-on-one with shelter cats to provide human interaction and help them adjust to the shelter environment.
- Sign in and out though Volgistics
- Must come regularly once a week
- Check with the cattery staff on duty to see if they need help cleaning or other assistance
- Will work with cats that have been evaluated and deemed appropriate for the program
- Must track their progress on evaluation sheets and advise staff of any special needs or problems.
- A volunteer typically works with three to four cats during the one-hour session, depending upon the temperament of the cat.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be comfortable handing shy cats. Must be patient and gentle. Must have a genuine concern for the welfare of animals.
TRAINING: Brief orientation and tour with review of job description with volunteer staff. On the job training with experienced volunteers and cattery staff.
Dress Code: Volunteer T shirt and name tag. Long pants and closed toe rubber soled non slip shoes
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18