Volunteer Job Description
JOB TITLE: Assistant Kennel Attendant
REPORT TO: Dog Kennel staff on duty
SUPERVISED BY: Volunteer Manger
PURPOSE: To provide a clean, safe environment for the animals in our care.
TIME COMMITMENT: Preferably one day per week from 8:00-11 AM. Once you are on the schedule for a particular day, we depend on you!
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years or older; Must be steady on feet; Must be able to work as a team and take direction from staff in a busy shelter environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any of the following, as instructed by staff:
- Sign in and out through Volgistics
- Arrange with another volunteer to cover your shift if you are unable to come on your assigned day.
- Advise Kennel Staff that you have arrived
- Washing food and water bowls and utensils (new volunteers usually start with this)
- STAFF will move the animals and clean the kennels
- Squeegee the floors dry
- Reset each kennel- dry bed and place clean towel in bed; check with staff regarding choice of bed and toys to place in each kennel, and be sure each kennel had a bowl of fresh water
- Take full trash bags to dumpster in back of kennel
- Clean and Dry Laundry
When inside kennels are cleaned, STAFF WILL BRING DOGS BACK IN so outside kennels can be washed.
TRAINING: Brief orientation and tour and review of job description with volunteer office staff. On-the-job training with experienced volunteers and dog kennel staff.
DRESS CODE: Volunteer T shirt and name tag. Wear long pants which can get wet and dirty and know that clothing will be exposed to bleach solution. Closed toe, rubber soled non-slip shoes.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training