We are looking for volunteers to help support and assist individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other types or dementia, their families and caregivers. Each month we provide a memory cafe event where people can come together in a safe and engaging environment to socialize, get information, and participate in meaningful activities. Each memory cafe event includes music, food, educational speakers, arts and craft projects, and other activities.
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Greet and meet with those who come to the memory cafe
- Assist older adults who have memory loss and dementia
- Assist with planning and serving a light lunch
- Plan, coordinate, or assist with arts and craft projects
- Speak or present an educational or entertaining topic
- Assist in planning memory cafe events
- Assist with community outreach and marketing
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment is very flexible.
- We are seeking volunteers who are kind, compassionate, patient, and respectful.