Student Service-Learning Project, Denton and Keller and surrounding areas
24 people are interested
**March Madness** We are now able to offer online Hospice Volunteer Training, call today to learn more.
Earn service hours, gain experience in a healthcare setting and improve the lives of hospice patients. After successful completion of this project, participants are eligible to receive recommendation letters for college, scholarship, employment, etc. Program may qualify for extra credit at the discretion of the school.
This project is a volunteer - educational program that includes orientation, two patient visits per month and monthly email continuing education. Participants must follow program rules and can expect to accrue 12-16 service hours of patient visit time over the duration of the six-month project. Progress evaluations and hours updates can be provided to advisors, sponsors or instructors if needed.
This Service-Learning Project is beneficial for:
- Students with an interest or career plan in healthcare, social services, psychology, music, art;
- Members of honor societies and other educational clubs;
- Members of sororities and fraternities requiring service,
- Students in Advanced Placement, Weighted Credit or Dual Credit Programs;
- Students requiring service hours;
- Students who simply enjoy the elderly and making someone’s life better.
- college students age 18 and up;
- Candidate interviews are required;
- Candidate commits in writing to complete the program;
- Driver must have license and auto insurance;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.;
- Two references from non-relative adults who have known candidate for at least a year;
- Other requirements listed elsewhere in this announcement.
About Alpha Omega Hospice
305 NE Loop 820 #411, Hurst, TX 76053, US
Alpha Omega Hospice is committed to ministering and serving those who are facing the final stages of an illness by providing physical, emotional and spiritual care with understanding and compassion.
Alpha Omega Hospice provides care and support for patients at the end of life and for their families.
We'll work with your schedule.
Denton and Keller and surrounding areasDenton County area, TX 76201
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A hour or two twice a month
- See description for other requirements