Fall Semester Public Policy and Advocacy Intern
WhenMon Aug 01, 2016 - Thu Dec 01, 2016
Where70 W. Streetsboro StreetSuite 201Hudson, OH 44236
The public policy & advocacy intern will assist with legislative research, scheduling, and maintaining consistent communication with chapter advocates; providing administrative support and representing the Alzheimer’s Association at community events as needed. The public policy & advocacy intern will report to the Communications and Public Policy Coordinator. (UNPAID)
Essential Role Functions
- Assist the communications and public policy coordinator with planning and implementing an annual federal public policy plan to meet the Chapter’s public policy strategic goals.
- Assist with maintaining active communication with Chapter’s advocacy volunteers, and supporting the Alzheimer’s Association Ambassador Program.
- Assist with planning and support of a Chapter advocacy volunteer committee.
- Assist with planning Chapter representation at state and national advocacy days. Researching legislation, officials, and news items and providing a summary as needed. Serving as additional contact for questions on state and national advocacy days.
- Assist with office administrative support, including but not limited to answering incoming calls, preparing outgoing correspondence, and receiving and directing office guests.
- Attend and support public policy & advocacy outreach at Walk to End Alzheimer’s(r).
- Background in volunteer management or political science preferred.
- Friendly, personable communication skills; ability to speak confidently over the phone. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities; ability to work with diverse populations; high degree of creativity; high energy, maturity and leadership.
- Proximity to Hudson and/or familiarity with the Greater East Ohio region is a plus.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible depending on intern's availability