We are looking for passionate and dedicated volunteers to build our Walk/Run committee. You would need to commit to 10-15 hours a month, including 1 meeting a month. The Walk/Run is held September 24th at KC Live! in the Kansas City Power & Light District.
KEY POSITIONS (more available):
Team Development Chair
Event Experience Chair
- Help recruit subcommittee and ensure all volunteers have access to the resources needed to be successful, in partnership with ALSAC/St. Jude staff partner
- Communicate effectively and regularly with your ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partner and volunteer committee via regular meetings, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Attend regular committee meetings, Coaches’ Party, Thank You Party and overall event experience in conjunction with ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partners and appropriate subcommittee members.
- Assist in development of event plans including: recruitment goals, event budgeting and event experience; while also assisting the committee in generation of team and sponsorship lists.
- Attend the St. Jude Walk / Run to End Childhood Cancer and all related events, such as team captain meetings, promotional events, Corporate Recruitment Event, Coaches’ Party and Thank You Party.
- Ensure top sponsors, participants and volunteers are thanked and recognized.
- Assist ALSAC/St. Jude staff partner identify future committee members and leadership volunteers.
- Work with your staff partner to develop and complete a partnership agreement to ensure a strong staff/volunteer partnership for success.
- Be the voice and champion of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and allow use of your name in support of the St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer in your community.
- Sales Process
- Donor Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a month
- 1/month meeting