We are looking for passionate and dedicated volunteers to build our Walk/Run committee. You would need to commit to 10-15 hours a month, including 1 meeting a month. The Walk/Run is held September 24th at KC Live! in the Kansas City Power & Light District.Event Chair
- The Event Chair serves as the lead volunteer for implementation of the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer in their community.
- The Event Chair engages community members to serve in subcommittee roles while developing and implementing a successful annual community event to raise funds and awareness of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- A successful Event Chair possesses strong organization, leadership and communication skills. -
- This individual is able to commit approximately 10-15 hours a month and serve up to a 2-3 year term in the position based on goal achievements.
- Recruit subcommittee and ensure all volunteers have access to the resources needed to be successful, in partnership with ALSAC/St. Jude staff partner
- Communicate effectively and regularly with your ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partner and volunteer committee via regular meetings, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Lead and manage regular committee meetings, Coaches’ Party, Thank You Party and overall event experience in conjunction with ALSAC/ St. Jude staff partners and appropriate subcommittee members.
- Assist in development of event plans including: recruitment goals, event budgeting and event experience; while also leading the committee in generation of team and sponsorship lists.
- Follow up regularly with your committee chairs to monitor progress on assigned areas to ensure overall event goals are met.
- Attend the St. Jude Walk / Run to End Childhood Cancer and all related events, such as team captain meetings, promotional events, Corporate Recruitment Event, Coaches’ Party and Thank You Party.
- Ensure top sponsors, participants and volunteers are thanked and recognized.
- Assist ALSAC/St. Jude staff partner identify future Event Chairs and leadership volunteers.
- Work with your staff partner to develop and complete a partnership agreement to ensure a strong staff/volunteer partnership for success.
- Be the voice and champion of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and allow use of your name in support of the St. Jude Walk/ Run to End Childhood Cancer in your community.
- Sales Process
- Donor Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a month
- 1/month meeting