We are getting in all the baby squirrels for the Fall Baby Season - early! So that means we need lots and lots of wooden boxes made now to hang in the trees at Possumwood Acres so they will have a place to live this winter when we release them. These nest boxes are also used by screech owls, flycatchers, woodpeckers, bluebirds, and others.
We also need cages built for our new resident rapotrs (birds of prey). Construction skills would be necessary, as well as PR skills because you would be required to reach out to local buisnesses to donate building supplies.
Additionally we need to build Blue Bird houses and create a Blue Bird trail. This will help monitor the hatching success of these beautiful birds. Construction skills, and getting necessary supplies donated for these projects. Involve local scout troops, youth groups, school groups, etc. to assist in these projects for their community service hours.
This is a great project for youth or teen church groups, cub scouts, boy and girl scouts, and for Eagle Scout projects.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- build boxes on your own time, at your own pace
- can be group activities or built by individuals
- Memorial Garden Care - Keeping...
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Volunteer
- Finding Funds - Let the...
- Go Nuts Over Squirrels!
- Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
- Host an Intern
- Administrative Assistant
- Grant Writing Opportunity
- Education Assistant
- Ecosystem revival sessions
- Refreshing Raptors Residences
- Mulch Fest at Possumwood Acres
- Building Animal Homes
- Fundraising Specialist