BE A ROSE INC
This is an exciting, grant writing position with 501(c)(3), non-profit, charitable organization whose aim is to end period poverty.
Your primary responsibility will be to research, identify and execute the submission of grant proposals to appropriate foundations, corporate and private donors, trusts and government agencies. You will be required to have strong research, writing, and analytical skills. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifying prospects, research, proposal development and accurate and timely production of final proposals
- Assisting with donor outreach and cultivation
- Developing and maintaining a donor database
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with grantors
- Tracking and documenting all communication
- You have a passion for ensuring that underserved women and girls receive adequate health education and feminine hygiene products in order for them to thrive.
- Bachelor's degree or working towards degree completion from an accredited University
- High computer aptitude and Microsoft Office and internet use experience
- Previous experience in research and/or grant writing
- Prior work/volunteer experience in a non-profit organization is a plus
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof-reading, editing, phone and organizational skills
- You are a team player who enjoys working with a diverse group of people
- Flexible, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service oriented, ability to prioritize, and work with tight deadlines
Please send RESUME to:
Christine Mwangi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Grant Writer]
Volunteer Position Details: This is a flexible part-time position with the option to work from home majority of the time.
About BE A ROSE INC
6026 Kalamazoo Ave. SE #129, Mail ONLY, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, US
Healthy, strong women help communities thrive. BE A ROSE is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt, non-profit, organization founded by Christine Mwangi in 2014 with the singular purpose of empowering women. Our mission is to provide health and wellness education to underserved women and school-age girls. Furthermore, we distribute feminine hygiene products to these same populations at zero cost.
BE A ROSE partners with organizations throughout Grand Rapids, Michigan, to provide underserved women and school-age girls education on puberty, menstrual hygiene, and menopause, as well as access to feminine hygiene products. To this end, we administer roundtable discussions, seminars, and training workshops for groups and organizations. Furthermore, we gather and organize donations of feminine hygiene products to be given freely to women and girls in need.