Based in Port-au-Prince, the Accounting and Finance Officer will assist in the planning, implementation and/or administering of all finance and accounting activities for CMMB Haiti.
General Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Working with the programs team, assist in the planning, implementation and/or administering of finance and accounting activities
- Plan, coordinate, and effectively monitor CMMB’s program financial activities
- Documents financial transactions and maintains accounting controls
- Maintains accounting system and review all accounting procedures and recommend improvements
- Analyzes and interprets laws, regulations, codes, and ordinances to ensure the legality of financial transactions
- Perform month end closing activities such as revenue accounting, expense accounting, account reconciliation, etc.
- Manage payroll processing system including salary deposits, tax calculation, payroll reconciliation, etc
- Manage account payables and receivables activities
- Address financial issues and inquiries in a timely manner
- Prepares financial statements, analysis and other key reports as necessary
- Oversees bank reconciliation, invoicing, and accounts receivable on a day-to-day basis
- Other duties as requested by supervisor and/or CMMB staff
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Accounting/Finance degree from an accredited school of business.
- At least one year of relevant work experience in accounting
- Strong analysis skills and proven knowledge and a high degree of spreadsheet skills.
- Prior experience or familiarity with INGO sector would be an advantage
- Prior international experience would be an advantage
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of global health practice
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative
- Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, communicate and present complex issues in simplified ways
- Able to work within a team as well as independently and with limited supervision
- Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and evening/weekend hours
- Excellent spoken and written English; French or Creole REQUIRED for Haiti
Expenses & Conditions:
Volunteers who serve for 6 months or longer receive housing, monthly stipend, and insurance coverage. Volunteers are required to share stories and photos from the field, cover part of the cost of their placement through fundraising or individual contributions ($2500.00), and build a legacy project for the community where they serve.
- Cost Analysis
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 – 12 Months
- CMMB provides housing, stipends and insurance. Volunteers are to cover part of the placement cost.
- Accounting and Finance Officer
- Volunteer with CMMB in Haiti!
- Administrative Support to...
- Volunteer with CMMB in Peru!
- Volunteer with CMMB in Zambia!
- Marketing and Communications...
- Hospitality Services Manager
- Global Health Volunteer Intern...
- Volunteer with CMMB in South...
- Global Health Volunteer (Various...
- Human Resources Internship at CMMB
- Volunteer with CMMB in Kenya!