Marketing and Communications Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where100 W. Harrison Street, N200SEATTLE, WA 98119
Purpose: Our Chapter is seeking an experienced, talented social media and communications intern to assist with social media calendars, campaigns and outreach. You will partner with our Communications Team and be responsible for creating professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged, attract new followers and to help increase awareness about our organization.
- Use Alzheimer's Association branding and messaging to increase followers on social media platforms and advise Communications Team on best practices.
- Track social and web analytics to improve online communications and show successes.
- Under the direction of the Communications Team, craft/curate weekly social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Under the direction of the Communications Team, create and implement email campaigns for events, fundraising and advocacy through Constant Contacts.
- Craft press releases for upcoming events.
- Assist with print and online communication projects including copywriting, editing and design.
- Assist with social media outreach during events when/if possible.
Reports to: Marketing Manager, Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Length of Appointment: for 4 months-1 year
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week; flexibility with schedule; can work remotely after training
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn)
- Skilled in tracking and analyzing web data and social media analytics
- Familiarity with Constant Contacts a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills - knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite a plus - InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with photography and video a plus
Benefits:We encourage volunteers to apply for college credit and will assist with paperwork.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18