Communications and Development Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where100 W. Harrison Street, N200SEATTLE, WA 98119
Purpose: Our Chapter is seeking an experienced, talented Communications and Development Intern who will assist with social media, calendars and campaigns around our Puget Sound Walks to End Alzheimer’s. You will partner with both our Communications and Events Teams and be responsible for assisting in the creation of marketing strategies and their implementation to help increase promotion of upcoming Walks to End Alzheimers.
- Use Alzheimer’s Association branding and messaging to increase followers on social media platforms specifically for the Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Under the direction of the Communications Team, craft/curate weekly social media content for Puget Sound Region Facebook groups
- Under the direction of the Events Team prepare printed materials for Puget Sound Walks
- Under the direction of the Communications Team Develop content for AlzWa Blog focused on needs of the communications calendar
- Craft press releases for upcoming Walks and wrap around events.
- Assist with preparing scripts for day of at Walks
- Assist with social media outreach during events when/if possible.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining supplies for Walk Team Captains and Walk Coordinators
- Preparing collateral/invitations for wrap around events for Puget Sound Walks
- Distributing posters around the Tacoma Community surround University of the Puget Sound
- Other events projects as needed
Reports to: Marketing Manager, Events Manager
Length of Appointment: 3 months, Summer Quarter
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week; flexibility with schedule; can work remotely after training
- Self-starter, independent worker, outside the box thinker
- Ability to meet people easily and establish relationships.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn)
- Skilled in tracking and analyzing web data and social media analytics
- Familiarity with Constant Contacts a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills - knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite a plus - InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with photography and video a plus
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter, Serving Washington State & Northern Idaho
- Join the Yakima Walk to End...
- Join the Wenatchee Walk to End...
- Education and Communications...
- Office Reception Volunteer
- Caregiver Support Group...
- Join the Longview Walk to End...
- Community Liaison Volunteer
- Staying in Motion- Exercise...
- Staying Connected- Memory Loss...
- Woodland Park Zoo Memory Loss...
- Join the Bremerton Walk to End...
- Join the Redmond Walk to End...
- Communications and Development...
- Olympia Caregiver Support Group...
- Tacoma Caregiver Support Group...
- Office Management Volunteer
- Federal Way Caregiver Support...
- Join the Burlington Walk to End...
- Join the Everett Walk to End...
- Join the Seattle Walk to End...