The Irish International Immigrant Center, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking an assistants on an ongoing basis to help out in IIIC’s busy Development Department.
This position offers a wonderful opportunity for someone interested in development activities like fundraising, data entry and management, donor relations, event planning, communications and social media.
Time Commitment: Flexible, but would like someone 2 days a week (Friday ideally being one of the days), for 6-8 hours each day.
Dates: October 2016 - ongoing - (length of time is negotiable) This is an unpaid internship/volunteer opportunity
- Data entry and clean up
- Use of Vertical Response for communications (can be trained if not already familiar with VR)
- Solicitation of auction items for annual fundraiser (called Solas) in December
- Assistance with mailings and social media projects
- Various administrative tasks such as thank-you letters, follow up phone calls etc.
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Articulate and clear communicator
- Highly motivated, an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Salesforce experience a plus but not required
Reports to:Development Associate
The IIIC strives to create a diverse workforce that reflects our constituency.
About the Irish International Immigrant Center:
The Irish International Immigrant Center was established in 1989 by a group of Irish immigrants to meet the needs of a large Irish immigrant population in the Greater Boston area. Over the years, the IIIC has developed into a multi-service center and safe place for immigrants from around the world and we provide them with legal, wellness and education services. The IIIC is recognized for its work in promoting civic engagement and bridging cultural and other divides. We work toward partnership and solidarity, building an integrated society in which all people are treated with respect and dignity and enjoy equal opportunities and protections.
How to Apply:
Please complete the volunteer questionnaire at: www.iiicenter.org/volunteer-questionnaire and email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include 'Development Assistant’ in the subject title.
There is no application deadline; we will interview candidates on a rolling basis until we fill the position. However, we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible as our internship and volunteer spots fill up very quickly.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please see www.iiicenter.org
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 days a week, for 3+ months ideally, flexiable