Can you imagine trying to fill a prescription at the pharmacy or opening a bank account without speaking English? How about trying to read road signs in Pinellas County when you've only used the cyrillic alphabet?
Not knowing our language isolates our immigrant and refugee neighbors living in the Tampa Bay area. It creates barriers to assimilation, education, safety and opportunity!
Help your neighbors learn English at Hope Square in Largo. You'll be joining a group of talented volunteer tutors and local students coming together weekly. It is more than teaching or learning English; it is building a stronger community together!
- ESL classes are held every Tuesday from 1pm to 3pmand Thursday from 10am-noon.
- No experience necessary.
- Training is provided.
- Typically, a volunteer will choose one class a week to help.
- Placement is not guaranteed until orientation.
- Tutoring is one-on-one or in small groups.
- Students come from a variety of places, including Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Central America and more.
- We need help! Respond today!
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours, once a week